SOME FACTS ABOUT US
Rig Concept & Design (RCD) based in Wroclaw, Poland, is part of Concept Illustration & Animation (CIA) from Stavanger in Norway. A world leader in providing professional visualizations, interactive simulators, 3D animations and concept development services for Oil companies, Drilling Contractors, Subsea, Shipyards, Maritime, Engineering, Equipment Manufacturers.
has extensive experience developing conceptual rig designs for drilling contractors, yards and oil companies.
Our leading employees have extensive previous experience as drill crew, rig design, sales and manufacturing, from previous employment in companies like Morco, Aker Drilling, Transocean, Hitec, Dreco, Varco, Oddfjell drilling, Conoco Phillips and Franks International.
WE KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. AND WE KNOW HOW TO DO IT
Our biggest advantage is our extensive operational experience within ofshore drilling, engineering and design
TYPICAL AREAS OF WORK
that we have performed for Drilling Contractors / Oil Companies in the last few years on Concepts and New Builds include:
• Develop Concept 3D Model of Chosen Hull Based on Input from Hull designer
• Update Hull as feed phase Progresses
• Model Drilling Areas Based on Optional Drilling Equipment vendor input
• Make comparisons between Vendor solutions
• Develop different solutions in parallel allowing for adjustments leading to an optimal solution that meets the needs for a New Build to fulfill the Requirements
• Make Illustrations & Animations to demonstrate feed progress
• Make Illustrations & Animations to demonstrate all types of Operations the unit shall be capable of performing
• Make Line of Sight studies during different operations, suggest remote camera positions
• Develop Drillers cabin layout providing good working ergonomics also other rig control rooms & command center.
• 3D Reviews of ROV positions & Equipment
• Evaluate movement of Material in operations in3D
• Evaluate Maintenance access in 3D.
• Make 3D study of space requirements for third party equipment & operations.
• 3D studies of movement of Personnel during different operations
• Simultaneous Operations 3D studies
• Crane line of sight & Operations
• Living Quarters layout options
• Helicopter deck Options
• Life Boat & escape options
• 3D Evaluations of weather protection.
• Make typical Jack Up Operational Modes
• Participate (provide room with 2 HD projectors, Powerful 3D computers ) in 3D workshops allowing 3D development of the Rig Concept online (in office and via videoconference)
• Provide Large Render Farm ( 100 Computers)
• Provide access to Concept Illustration & Animation and Rig Concept & Design Large 3D Drilling Library (Fixed Platforms, All category Drilling Rigs, Drilling equipment) thus saving time
• Provide Input in 3D Illustrations, Cutaways & Animations for (FEED) Final report & Technical Package for yard potential EPC fabrication contract
• 3D simulators of whole Drilling Rigs -RIGBOX– Users can interact and control whole unit: Unit movement, jacking, cranes, lifeboats, pipe handling equipment, and forklift. Function allowing interactive real time deck planning for 3rd party equipment, emergency training scenarios for crew
And much much more
• Anchor Handling
• Arrive on location
• Drilling Top Hole
• Riser & BOP Handling
• Riser Tensioners
• Moon pool Operations
• Rig floor Operations
• Pipe handling
• Casing & Tubing Handling
• Cementing Operations
• Mud systems Cutaway 3Ds showing Flows
• Cuttings Handling
• XMT Handling, and others
• Jack Up To New Well Head Platform
• Jack Up to Existing Platform
• Jack Up with Subsea Template options
• Jack Up Exploration Drilling